Remember My Coffee Can Forge Idea?

I couldn't make it work before because my torch wouldn't put out enough heat and flame.

I was going to use an old BBQ and convert it to a forge, and was hoping this work adequately.

Along comes this garage sale today that was selling nothing but tools. Of course I was salivating and was hoping there was something for sale I could use.

I find this tiger torch. I couldn't believe it. It's similar to this picture but bigger and heavier and the head is made out of cast metal of some sort.

$20! I was stunned. $20 for something that would cost over a hundred dollars in the store?!

I hooked it up to my propane tank, and turned it on and it sounded like a jet engine going off. I have used cutting torches before many times--but this was something totally different for me.

Now I have the heat, the forge and the steel ready for forging.


Comments

Popular Posts