I Built the IBuildIt Wooden Table Saw Fence

I have a really nice, heavy table saw with a five-foot table surface, but the one sore point about it is its fence. It tightens from the back and it never seems to want to be square. It's a big heavy fence, no doubt, but the constant fiddling drive one up the wall.

So I decided to build a more reliable fence that would assure me of its squareness and reliability every time. So I built the table saw fence from IBuildIt, designed by John Heisz. You can find the article and videos here...

http://www.ibuildit.ca/Workshop%20Projects/table-saw-fence-1.html

I finished it off yesterday and super-glued the measuring tape on today. I also applied a generous amount of wax to the wooden parts to ensure it slides well.

It's square and tightens nicely, so I can line it up for a cut, tighten the cam handle and cut without worrying about messing around with it at all!

I know it's got little to do with knife-making, but I thought I'd share it here.







Comments

Popular Posts